How much house should I buy as a doctor?Sep 21, 2021
Are you a physician who’s trying to decide how much house to buy? Buying a home is a big deal, so Ben and Nate pose important questions to ask yourself when looking to purchase a home. Questions range from the practical, such as calculating your earnings and expenses, to the intuitive, digging deep within yourself and identifying the reason behind this purchase and how it serves your family. Before you buy your next house, ask yourself smarter questions to make a better decision for your family.
ASK US A QUESTION
Questions about taxes, investing, extra money, retirement, college or raising kids with money?
Email us: [email protected]
Physician Family Answer Line: (503) 308-8733
IN THIS EPISODE
- [ 1:25 ] Why would physicians be looking to change homes?
- [ 2:02 ] Four basic motivators for physicians who are looking to purchase a third or fourth home.
- [ 3:58 ] How much should I spend on a house?
- [ 9:04 ] How will the house be used?
- [ 10:20 ] Determining what you want most out of your life can fully answer the question of how much you’re willing to spend on a house.
- [ 12:06 ] The calculation you can do to determine what house you can afford.
- [ 13:41 ] Imagining your life and happiness based on what your potential home can bring you versus what it takes away in other areas of your spending can determine what payment is right for you.
- [16:20] How to ask a question you want answered by Physician Family Financial Advisors Podcast.
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc., a registered investment advisor, has reasonable belief that the information and content as a whole does not include any false or materially misleading statements or omissions of facts regarding services, investments, or client experience. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account the specific situation or objectives of individuals and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for all individuals. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment adviser to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.