Is PSLF worth it for an attending physician?Oct 19, 2021
What is PSLF, and is it worth it as an attending physician? PSLF stands for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and we explain what you need to know about PSLF and if it is suitable for you as a physician. We use real-life examples and numbers to show the benefits of PSLF and deliver insights into what you can expect through the PSLF process. We will help clarify your Public Service Loan Forgiveness questions and guide you in whether or not you should take action to apply for PSLF. This could save you six-figures!
ASK A QUESTION
Send your questions about taxes, investing, extra money, retirement, college and financial parenting to [email protected] or call the Physician Family Answer Line at (503) 308-8733.
IN THIS EPISODE
- [ 0:44 ] Should physicians bother with Public Service Loan Forgiveness?
- [ 3:34 ] To view money as a tangible object helps you better understand how you can save money when you go through the PSLF process.
- [ 5:47 ] Is PSLF too good to be true?
- [ 10:00 ] The risk factor if you take advantage of Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- [ 13:06 ] Who PSLF is for and who it isn’t for.
- [ 16:17 ] Conditions that are needed to qualify for PSLF.
- [ 23:01 ] What mistakes physicians make with their student loans.
- [ 27:14 ] If you change your loan payment plan, does it restart the clock on your PSLF qualified payments?
- [ 28:55 ] In conclusion, if you are an attending doctor, is PSLF worth it to you?
Get a quarter of a percent off of a refinance for loans at - https://www.sofi.com/multi/1739995/
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc., a registered investment advisor, has reasonable belief that the information and content as a whole does not include any false or materially misleading statements or omissions of facts regarding services, investments, or client experience. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account the specific situation or objectives of individuals and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for all individuals. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment adviser to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.