The Eternal Physician, What if you never ever retire?Aug 10, 2022
What would it look like if you never retire? What are the pros and cons of working for the rest of your life? What if there was a reason you could not retire? How might a physician structure their life? An eternal physician opens the potential for more family time, time with children in their younger years, and longer time for investment decisions. Tune in to hear the thought experiment of the eternal physician to view retirement in a different way.
ASK A QUESTION
Send your questions about taxes, investing, extra money, retirement, college, and financial parenting to [email protected] or call the Physician Family Answer Line at (503) 308-8733.
IN THIS EPISODE
- [0:56] Thoughts about work and how retirement ties into that.
- [5:24] Does vacation feel like an escape for you, or does it feel like ultimate relaxation?
- [9:35] What if there was a reason a physician could not retire? How might a physician structure their life?
- [17:03] Many physicians desire to retire early; what is a physician retiring to? Were they fulfilled in their career?
- [20:51] Financial and personal aspects of never retiring.
- [28:55] Thoughts if physicians feel frustration or anger around today's discussion.
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc., a registered investment advisor, has reasonable belief that the information and content as a whole does not include any false or materially misleading statements or omissions of facts regarding services, investments, or client experience. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account the specific situation or objectives of individuals and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for all individuals. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment adviser to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.