Should doctors invest for passive income?Nov 16, 2021
Should doctors invest in passive income? Those two words spark curiosity in many doctors' minds, the elusive, “how can I make money without working?” But is passive income all it’s cracked up to be? Can it benefit you as a physician? Real estate investments sell as the passive income end-all, but that’s not the only option. Listen to an analysis of multiple types of passive income such as index funds, stocks & bonds, diversification in real estate investments, and options for REITs (Real Estate Investment Trust) and learn why even these options may not be right for you and your family. This could change your perception of passive income for good!
ASK A QUESTION
Send your questions about taxes, investing, extra money, retirement, college and financial parenting to [email protected] or call the Physician Family Answer Line at (503) 308-8733.
IN THIS EPISODE
- [00:19 ] What is passive income?
- [01:52] Can a physician replace their income with passive income?
- [04:39] Should physicians consider real estate investments as a source of passive income?
- [06:37] Real estate investment versus stocks and bonds; which is the better choice for true passive income?
- [10:12] The conflict of interest that surrounds real estate investments.
- [11:28] Why an index fund is a great option for passive income.
- [13:41] Diversification in real estate investments.
- [16:14] Options for REITs (Real Estate Investment Trust).
- [18:12] Do physicians need passive income?
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc., a registered investment advisor, has reasonable belief that the information and content as a whole does not include any false or materially misleading statements or omissions of facts regarding services, investments, or client experience. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account the specific situation or objectives of individuals and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for all individuals. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment adviser to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.